Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Day One Bags

My guild participates in the Day One Bags for foster children who are aging out of the foster care system. The primary goal (I think) is to give each child a nice piece of luggage so they don’t have to carry their belongings in a trash bag. Our local chapter also gifts graduating seniors a quilt, a gift card, and zipper pouches. The guild members donate quilts and zipper pouches. Here are some we donated:


If my memory is correct, we sent 23 quilts this year. Here’s the one I made:

The quilts were distributed at the end of May. I got this in the mail this week.
A thank you letter, with a key chain and a sticker. I put the sticker on my portable machine; the one I take to workshops and retreats. 

2 comments:

  1. What pretty contributions and how sweet is it to receive a letter like that!

    ReplyDelete