Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Donation Quilts

I have two tops ready to send to an internet friend that will longarm them and donate them a foster care facility in Amarillo. This is the first one. I actually didn't follow a pattern--imagine that! I had envisioned the orientation going the other way, but I didn't notice that most of my fat quarters were directional. I noticed it as soon as I started sewing, but it was too late then. I just added a wider border to the top and bottom to kind of square things up, and it worked out okay.  

The second one:

I had tons of this fabric at one time. I have made a couple of donation quilts with it, and I think it is finally about gone. I know the light gray in the background is used up because I had to get a small piece from Alan to finish the border. 

I will make a point to get these in the mail this week when time permits. I am working on another shutdown at work, and it is only about 7 days long, so it moves pretty fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment