Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day was nice. It was really low-key as we are not into being around a bunch of people right now. The main thing was that I got all my income tax stuff put together and ready to be dropped off at the CPA. Oh, how I dislike everything having to do with income tax. I have a system for all my paperwork, but it is not necessarily a good system. It would be better if I could force myself to keep up with it. Every year I resolve to do better, and every year I fail. It is my kryptonite.

We did yard work Friday and Saturday, actually Bill did most of it, but I offered moral support. We got the front flower beds cleaned out, and everything looks so much better. I cut back a lot of the little shrubby things.

The sage needs a haircut, but it was so badly damaged from the freeze, I'm trying to leave it alone for while. I'm also trying to figure out if I need to take the zinnias out. They are really leggy and messy looking, but they still have lots of blooms which makes feel bad about pulling them out. I will try and wait a little longer. The Ruella and the Zinnias are about the only thing that will bloom through the August-September heat. 






We drove down to Quintana beach on Monday. There was a lot of driftwood washed up on the beach, and the water was really muddy looking. There were quite a few families enjoying the sand and water.




No comments:

Post a Comment