Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Pasta Salad

I struggle with posting any kind of recipes because I am not a measurer. I throw things together, and it usually tastes pretty good. I often do "meatless" Monday, so how about a pasta salad?  

This was made with things I had on hand: spaghetti, feta cheese, kalmata olives, cherry tomatoes, capers, roasted red peppers, and olive oil.

While the spaghetti was cooking, I mixed a couple tablespoons of olive oil with about a half cup of cherry tomatoes, a couple tablespoons of capers, and about 3 tablespoons of slice kalmata olives. I chopped up one roasted red pepper, and I added some seasoning:

Before serving, I added black pepper and garlic powder, as I didn't think it was seasoned enough. This is what the mixture looked like:
Note:  Don't add any salt. The capers, olives, and even the feta cheese are plenty salty. If you don't like salt, you might want to cut back on the capers.

I broke the spaghetti up some before I cooked it. I also didn't add any salt to the cooking water. Once it was done cooking, I rinsed it in cold water so it wouldn't get mushy.
I think it could have used more spaghetti. I have enough for tomorrow, so I will cook some more then and add it into the bowl. I served it with crumbled feta cheese. but parmesan would be good too.

Oh, and a glass of cabernet. Perfect week night meal.

Do you have meatless Monday? And, what do you serve? Let know, I am ready for some new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment