Wednesday, June 14, 2023

I’m Back

I made it back home yesterday, and I have to say I had a good time. I was pretty exhausted when I got back, but I had a good night’s sleep, and I feel much better today. There was plenty of time to sew….we had an entire conference room to set up our workstations.
The lighting wasn’t bad, and I took my little portable lamp. I worked on all three of the projects I took, but I only finished one.
The bad news is I lost the bag that had my quilt projects in it. 😢 I got off the ship with everything, but I didn’t manage to get all my bags off the shuttle bus that took us from the terminal to the parking lot. I am hoping I can recover it somehow, but it will probably be a miracle. 

The good news is I only gained a pound. I tried to be reasonable with what I was eating, but I still ate more than I usually do. I get up early, so I went to the walking track on the top deck every morning and walked about two miles. I got to see the sunrise over the water every morning!
After my walk, I went to the gym for about 30-45 minutes. Other than that, I sewed all day. I did stay on the ship when we docked in Cozumel and went to the pool. 

If I can recover my lost bag, I will say it was a perfect trip. All prayers and good wishes that I get it back are appreciated. I need to get back into the groove today. I have a customer coming to pick up a quilt and another coming to drop off a quilt. I also need to get busy with the APQ quilt along. I went by the grocery store when I got back to town and restocked on bread, milk, lunch meat, cheese, and produce, so I’m good on food. A little house cleaning needs to be done before the weekend, but I can put it off for another day or two.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers for your bag! Your cruise sounds amazing. Did the other participants get off the ship in Cozumel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers! I think all the other quilters did go into Cozumel. They are from north Texas and wanted to shop for Mexican vanilla. Of course, I live in South Texas, and I can get it at the flea market here for about the same cost. Some of them were first-time cruisers and wanted to do the excursions as well.

      Delete