Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Decisions

I bought a kit at the quilt show that consisted of seven fat quarters and a yard of background. They had a pattern to go with it, but I decided to add a fat quarter from my stash and use my own pattern. The fat quarters were Kaffe, or at least I thought they were. I’ve gotten them cut into strips and sewed the strips together.
The fourth strip sticks out like a sore thumb. It’s obviously not Kaffe. Why did they put it in the kit? And then I noticed the second strip is also not Kaffe. It’s Tula Pink. Now I’m stalled, and I don’t know what to do. I think the fourth strip needs to go away, but it does provide contrast. I have plenty of Kaffe I can use in its place. And, what about the Tula Pink? I just don’t know. Using a kit should make it easier, and this one is making it hard. What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Personally I rather like the blue "sore thumb". :) It certainly has all the right colors. You have to do what feels right for you. I struggle with my own fabric choices, so I'm not much help - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMHO I would remove the third fabric and place it elsewhere. Those bright flowers next to the bright blue might be the reason you call it the sore thumb. If you put 2 and 4 next to each other, it might calm the blue and pump up the yellow as it looks like it has blue in it. The pink flowers can go next to the other yellow one, either before or after. But then again, it is only my humble opinion. You do what you think is best. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete