Sunday, October 20, 2024

I haven’t figured out what to do with the strips I posted last time, although I appreciate the suggestions. I think Chantal is right that up the third strip needs to be moved. Sigh. Whatever I do will involve some deconstruction, and I’m not looking forward to doing it, so I put it away for now. I ordered a new pattern from Etsy. 

I plan to use men’s shirts for the squares, and I got some denim blue colored cotton when I was in Corpus, so that’s my plan for now. I’m working on cutting up the shirts.
I’m getting there, but it’s not fast. No worries, though. 

We have our fall festival today at church. Oh Lord, I will be glad when it’s over. It’s a lot of work. Money has been tight since Covid, and this is our major fundraiser and helps support our local charities . I was at the church all morning yesterday bagging bread (and onions and pickles, and cookies). I went home and took a pretty good nap, and then I got started on baking cakes for the cake wheel. I committed to bring four, but I actually made five. 

The weather has been a little cooler this week. Two mornings were in the 50’s which was a nice change. The dogs got a little extra frisky and tore up one of their beds.

I got out a new one to replace the destroyed one, and they have been jockeying to see who gets the new one.

Except for Ryder. He likes his orthopedic bed. 

Anyway, Reba apparently ate some of the stuffing (or something else, who knows, since she also got into the trash). I had to take her to the vet. She was obviously in pain and not putting weigh on her back legs. I thought she had injured herself and took her for a X-ray. Turns out she was super constipated. They gave her enemas, and I am giving her a laxative every evening in hopes she can get rid of whatever is stopping her up. None of this is fun.

The grandkids are busy with sports which means I’m also busy with sports. LOL. I didn’t get pictures of the soccer game, but I did get some of Kat’s volleyball game. 

Serenity got her volleyball pictures, and they’re great. 
She’s only in 7th grade, but she’s playing pretty well. 
They don’t play dedicated positions at this age; they still rotate through all the spots. 

2 comments:

  1. Your grand girls are both beautiful! Oh those dogs, my goodness, the predicaments they get themselves into. We have one who loves to eat the rotten tomatoes he finds on the ground. I have a compost pile in my garden which he things is a buffet. Ugh! What is the name of that pretty pattern you bought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! They are pretty girls, but more importantly, they are nice girls. The quilt pattern is called Journeys. The designer is Carried Away Quilting.

      Delete