Monday, January 10, 2022

A Few More

 I didn’t do much sewing today…I was busy sorting all the stuff I want to take back to Victoria. Most of the projects are on the shelves, but it is still like an archeological dig. The farther down I go, the older the projects. I tried to be ruthless with the sorting. I filled the trash can twice and made a pile for donation. I am trying to sort everything so that the things that belong together are in the same box. It is tempting to just throw it all in a big box and pretend I will organize it after I get it moved. I rewarded myself with a little sewing time, and made a few more of the improv blocks.


I don’t know what I need to do to keep myself organized. I do know that what I have been doing is not working. My usual method is to do a huge cleanup once or twice a year, but that is no longer working. I think I will need to schedule a weekly cleanup, and be sure and keep my projects in their boxes when they are not being worked on, instead of stacking multiple projects beside the machine or in the shelf. Having a list of UFOs should help if I can keep from getting too distracted. My ADHD definitely makes it harder, but I think I can do better. Wish me luck, I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment