Sunday, January 9, 2022

Scrap Busting

 I have spent some time trying to find a scrap busting project and sort of settled on one. Then I realized I had already started some other projects that totally consume scraps. I worked yesterday on my scrap vortex blocks.

I made five of them….only four made it into the pictures. I think the fifth was still on the ironing board. I made 10 of these last year, but without the black strips added in. Here are a few of the ones from last year:
I tried adding the random solid black strips this time to see if I would like it, and I do. I think it adds a lot of graphic interest. I will need to finish a set with the black and a set without and make two tops. That should make a pretty good dent in the scraps. At least it’s a plan.

2 comments:

  1. Love your scrappy goodness! Scrap quilts are my favorites. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind word on my Bread Baking post. I am making it again today to go with a big pot of homemade chicken soup while I crochet in front of the telly with my hubby. Fabric scraps, yarn and comfort food ... perfect for a wintery day. May you enjoy, too ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments. Scrap quilts are my favorite too. I still haven’t made the bread, but I want to try it soon!

      Delete