Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year

2022- A new year with new opportunities. I am a goal setter. I am so easily distracted, if I don’t make something a goal, there is little chance it will happen. I set different kinds of goals depending on the purpose; for instance, financial goals, personal improvement goals, quilting goals, etc. 

For quilting goals, I use the UFO list published by APQS. 

Each month, they select a number, and you work on that number. I have a couple of the lists this year—one is tops to be quilted as I did almost no quilting last year, only piecing. Another is UFO’s started and not a finished top yet. The third one I am still thinking about. I have quite a few unstarted quilts that I kitted up.

Most of these aren’t started yet, or just have the fabric cut. I can’t decide if I want to commit to these, or just leave the list blank for now, and write down projects that inspire me during the year. I don’t know, maybe it will be a combination of the two.

Many people choose a focus word for the year. I have done this in the past, but not recently. This will be a year of changes for me since I retire from my job of almost 30 years at the end of the month. I thought about the word Adapt since I will certainly have some changes to adapt to, but it didn’t quite have a positive connotation for me. I could picture myself adapting against my will, kicking and screaming the whole way. LOL. Not what I want my focus to be. I ended up choosing Embrace. I want to embrace the changes as new opportunities to be enjoyed and embrace the growth that comes with change.

Do you chose a focus word for the year.? Here is a word generator for 2022 that I found if you need help picking a word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment