Tuesday, February 6, 2024

To-Do-List Tuesday 2-6-24

Happy Tuesday friends! Let me just say I need a written list to keep me focused. I had a very unfocused week, but when I looked at my to-do list last night, I got myself in gear and knocked out a couple of things. 

Here’s the progress:
1) Finish piecing The Lady. Yes. 
I still need to press it and stay-stitch around the outside edges, but the piecing is finished.

2) Keep working on the sweatshirt jacket. Yes. I still need to quilt the sleeves, and then I can start putting it together.
3) At least three customer quilts--four would be better. I got three done, but I apparently only photographed one. 

4) Get donation quilts photographed. Not yet. I’m not sure why I’m dragging my feet on this.
5) Work on February RSC blocks as soon as the color is announced. Yes. The color for February is red, and although I only cut out two sets, I cut some pink and some blue and got those done.

6) Quilt my January UFO quilt. Yes. 

7) Keep working on scrap vortex blocks. No.

I think this week’s list will be a little shorter.

1) Quilt three customer quilts.
2) Bind one customer quilt.
3) Photograph donation quilts.
4) Bind Birthday Cake quilt.

Other than quilt-related stuff, I plan to make it to the track at least three evenings to walk. I have a cardio class three mornings a week at the gym, but the blood pressure medicine I was put on in June has caused some unwelcome weight gain. The cardiologist says it’s not the medicine, but I’m pretty sure it is. It’s a beta blocker, so it only stands to reason if it slows my heart down, it probably slows my metabolism down too. Anyway, I am hoping to jump start my metabolism if I can. The fact that I like to cook and like to eat is not helping matters. Oh well.

I am liking this post to Quilt SchmiltHave a wonderful week wherever you are reading this!


4 comments:

  1. That is interesting what you say about the beta blockers and weight gain. I have gained 9 lbs since Thanksgiving, and it is not welcome. My doctor put me on blood pressure medication last fall, and is it a coincidence? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't believe it's a coincidence. Neither my diet nor my activity level has changed enough to explain the weight gain.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same way with lists! They keep me focused--I'm way to scatterbrained without one!

    ReplyDelete