Thursday, February 1, 2024

Still Working

I would like to say I am finished with the patchwork jacket I started, but I'm still working on it. It's going a lot slower that I anticipated. I had to get my sales tax forms filed yesterday, and although it's not hard, it does take a couple of hours. And, I had a customer quilt I needed to finish quilting. So, once I finished those two things, I got back to work on the jacket. Here are the sleeves.

They are pinned together, but they still need to be basted and quilted. Once you figure out where to position all the stars that were made as pre-work, you have to sew together more "fill-in" pieces, and keep adding them onto the stars until all the sweatshirt pieces are covered. I kept it as simple as possible once I figured out how much time it was going to take. I am doing the quilting on my domestic machine. I'm just doing a cross-hatch pattern. You can see it a little on the back.

I took a few pictures at the workshop.....one of the most fascinating things to me is how different people choose different fabrics.




Here is one that is all black:

I don’t think I got photos of all of them. I’m anxious to see what they will all look like when they’re completed. It’s so cool to see how differently everyone thinks.

Let’s see….what else? I’m headed to Yorktown today to pick up fabric I ordered from their facebook live last week. They would ship it, but it’s nice to get out of town for a little bit. Betty is going with me, and I’ll see if she wants to get lunch too.



1 comment:

  1. That jacket is going to be so pretty! I bet it is fun to watch people choose fabric, maybe you can share some of your observations sometime. That is the hardest thing to do in my book. Have fun on your little trip!

    ReplyDelete