Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Back Home

I got back home late Monday night. It was so nice to sleep in my own bed and drink my own coffee in the mornings. I started to do a to-do list to post yesterday, but I was so tired, I couldn’t think straight. I did have a good time in Punta Cana. So where is Punta Cana? It’s actually in the Dominican Republic.

It’s a resort town on the eastern-most tip of the island.

I went with a friend who lost her husband about a year ago; we stayed in an all-inclusive resort, and there was plenty to do there, even though I didn’t want to do much of anything. The room was just okay, but the grounds were very nice.

The pools were large and not too crowded. 


The best thing was the beaches, which is what they are known for. 


I was looking through my camera roll, and I don’t think I have any photos that actually do it justice. The sand is white and soft, and the water is vivid turquoise. 

The food was so-so. Luckily I am not a picky eater, and can always find enough to fill up on.

I found I didn’t care for the meat dishes, but here I have some nice garlicky pasta with olives and sautéed veggies, and some bread with cold meats and cheeses. The meals were mainly buffet style, although one night we sprung for a dinner show. The entertainment was very good, and our main course was beef short rib with mashed carrots.

It was definitely better than the buffet, although there were several sushi courses that had a very strong taste. The dessert was good too, but I failed to take a picture. 

We did a couple of excursions. One was zip lining. 


There were 12 cables with courses ranging from 200’ to 2600’. 



It doesn’t look like I’m that high up because of all the vegetation, but it’s pretty high, and very exciting. 

We also did a “monkey adventure” which was very nice. The squirrel monkeys are native to Dominican Republic, and the habitat was very nice and clean.



This one was smiling!



You can’t take anything in because they are pickpockets, and you get sanitized before you can enter to prevent illness for the monkeys. They really were adorable. 
This one liked me. 

It was a long trip back. 

I was so happy to get back to the US. I’m glad I went, but we really are so blessed to have all we have in this country. I’m not telling anyone anything they don’t already know, but I know I take it for granted sometimes. 

I spent Tuesday trying to get my car back from the shop (which I didn’t; it’s still not ready), dropping off gifts, and picking up dogs. As much as I enjoyed sleeping in my own bed, I wasn’t the only one. Ryder went straight to his bed when I brought him home.

I think we are back to normal for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that beach looks beautiful! Those monkeys do look like fun. Glad you had a good trip. Like you, I enjoy trips but would rather be home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t used to be such a homebody, but now I enjoy it more and more.

      Delete