Sunday, April 21, 2024

More Progress

The weather was so dreary yesterday. I went to my shop and spent most of the day there.

It was time well spent and I got a lot done. I got my swap quilt trimmed and got the binding made.
Photography was a challenge because of the overcast weather. 

I used the leftover backing fabric for the binding.

I love the back, but I started sewing the binding on, and now I think it may be a little over-powering for the front. I decided not to overthink it and just keep going, but I wasn’t able to get it finished. Soon I hope. 
I got some of this product Linda recommended, and I will work on the stain after the binding is on. 

I also got the two customer quilts trimmed.
This is a big one—I think it was 102” x 106, so a large king. It’s sea turtles.

This is the one I ripped out and put on a different back.
The back she provided wasn’t big enough, and I thought maybe I could make it work. My fault for trying something I had a feeling wouldn’t work. I put it on a white back, and I like it better because you can see the quilting design.
It has tractors and farm animals. 

I got another one on the frame, but I was busy working on binding so it is not quilted yet. I’ll get to it Monday. I went to the grocery store when I left the shop. I don’t like to go on Saturday but I was running low on a few things, so I went ahead and did it. I was so tired when I got home and put the groceries away, I made myself a sandwich and sat down in the chair. The dogs were trying to persuade me to go outside and throw the ball, but I was too tired.
They are not very subtle. 


  1. Is your shop open to the public? Looks like you got a lot of progress made. I forgot to mention on your post after your trip - kudos to you for trying ziplining! I'm so impressed. It looks like such fun.

    1. Yes, open to the public, but hours are mainly by appointment. Most people text first to see if I am there or drive by and look for my car. The zip lining is fun if you’re not afraid of heights; it wasn’t my first time, but it was the first time for the lady that went with me, and she is 69! She said she would definitely do it again!