Monday, April 15, 2024

Weekend Update

It was a good weekend! I worked in the shop Friday and Saturday and got some quilting (and binding) done. The quilting got done on this one, and then I sat down and got the binding sewn on.
I did cut the binding on the bias, and I’m happy with the way it looks. 
I forgot the name of the quilting design I used, but I think it was Precious Pearls. I was aiming for something that mimicked the designs in the fabrics. 

I said a long time ago I wouldn’t make any more bag quilts, but this top was made by someone else and I just had to quilt it.
So, never say never. She wanted a meander for the quilting design, so it stitched out pretty fast. Here’s what the final version looks like.

After all that, I still had some spare time so I loaded one of mine. 
This one had been hanging around probably around twenty years. It is made from blocks I swapped on one of the Yahoo groups. Back before Facebook, there were Yahoo groups for different interests including quilting. A couple of them involved lots of block swapping. Anyway, time to get it quilted. 

I noticed some stains on the side when I was rolling it. 
OMG. I will go ahead and get it quilted and bound, and then see if I can launder it and get the stain out. I’m not sure what it is, but it may be dog pee. I have fostered some male dogs over the years that had problems with marking. Of course, the goal is to train them not to mark in the house, but some have a hard time relearning the new behavior, and they can be quite sneaky about it. I will try some blue Dawn and see what happens. I used a colorful fabric for the back. 

On Friday evening , I went to the International Festival at the college.
https://youtu.be/A2w5KQX-43o

The link above has a short video of the event. There were 25 countries represented with food samples, native costumes, and some performances.



I thought I had more pictures, but I can’t find them. Oh well. It was fun.

I was planning to sew Sunday after church, but I took one look at the house and decided I had better vacuum, dust, and do laundry. Today I need to mop. I can’t seem to keep up with all the stuff that needs to be done around here.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks beautiful! Good luck with the stains. I've had good luck with pet stains using Nature's Miracle. We keep a big refill bottle under our sink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I will look for Nature's Miracle when I go to Ace Hardware. I usually have good luck finding things like that there.

      Delete