Saturday, April 20, 2024

Lots To Do

I’ve been busy every day trying to stay caught up. I got my county taxes done and filed. In my county, businesses are taxed every year on all the business inventory, equipment, and furnishings. It may be like that everywhere, but I don’t know. 

I needed to get prizes for Monday night’s bunco, and they are supposed to be $5 prizes. Hmmm, that kind of limits what you can find that is still nice. I went to Walmart and got some hand lotion, dish towels, and these:

Aren’t they cute? Cowboy boot salt and pepper shakers for $5.97. My daughter saw them and said they match her kitchen, so I went back and got another set for her. LOL. 

I’ve gotten three quilts done this week, but I haven’t gotten pictures yet. Maybe tomorrow. I also made some potholders. 

I like them so much, I decided to crochet some dish cloths to go with them. 


I found the cotton yarn at Walmart, and it is a better match than the pictures show. I’m hoping I have enough of each ball to make another. 

I spent several hours yesterday doing alterations on granddaughter’s prom dress. 

I added the straps and sewed up several inches of the slit in the skirt. I don’t know why she ordered a strapless dress; she is not well endowed enough to hold it up, plus the catholic school she attends won’t let them wear strapless dresses. The sequins make it really heavy, and it wasn’t easy to work on. Anyway, I’m glad I’m no longer raising teenage girls. I no longer have the energy for it. There is a reason God gives us children when we are young. 

I went to my mom’s for supper last night. She had made tacos AND enchiladas plus rice and beans. It was really good, and even better when someone else makes it. 

I found out a few days ago that one of my customers passed away while I was in the Dominican Republic. She was only 72 or 73. She had been in the hospital due to some issues with kidney stones, but I  certainly didn’t expect to hear this news. Life is so fragile.


2 comments:

  1. Those PW shakers are adorable! Wow on the dress - it's gorgeous. I look back at the "chaste" dresses I wore to my senior prom and also the dresses I wore to dances in college, and I'm amazed at what is available now. You are sweet to take care of the details for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the S&P shakers will be a perfect bunco gift. Prom is tonight. Maybe I will have a picture to post here soon.

      Delete