Monday, April 29, 2024

Hello Monday

 

I’m glad it’s Monday and the weekend is over. I honestly did no sewing all weekend….you won’t hear me say that very often, but I just wasn’t in the mood. In fact, the little machine I use at home is still packed up from last week’s workshop. 

I delivered Barbara Black to the Austin airport Saturday morning. We left Victoria at 7:30 am, and I dropped her off at the airport around 9:45. I took the quickest route to get there, but coming back, I decided to return through Smithville and Shiner. There is a Consuela handbag store in Smithville,


and it is sort of an outlet, with a room full of markdowns. 

It was worth the trip. I left with two purses and a wallet.

When I left there, I walked over to a couple of the antique stores. All of these cool pieces have possibilities for landscaping my yard. 

Luckily they wouldn’t fit in my car. LOL. 

There were quite a few quilts, but I wasn’t really tempted by them either.



The prices were $175 and up, which didn’t feel like a bargain. I did like this one
but not enough to buy it. 

My last stop was in Shiner at the quilt shop.

They had quite a few bolts that had been marked down to $5.00/yard. You can see I had added a few more bags to my back seat when I left there.

I got home around 3pm, and I tried to take a nap, but the dogs weren’t having it so I got up and started cleaning house. An hour later, they had sacked out. 

Of course, it was too late then for me to have a nap.

I was tired Sunday and didn’t do much. After church, I stopped by the shop to feed the cat. She was waiting for me, and look what was right behind her!

I couldn’t get very close as they are both skittish, but I tried to get a better picture of the kitten. 

He looks just like mama. I love his white paws.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeding the kitties! They are both beautiful. Your trip home from the airport sounds like fun, and you did get a nice haul. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda, I wish I could find a home for these cats! They are so pretty.

      Delete
    2. I'll pray that you do. :) If I lived nearby I'd add them to my household of 5 kitties!

      Delete