Friday, April 12, 2024

Back to Work

I’m back in the groove—for the most part. There is a delay on getting my car back. I put it in the shop because I have a damaged spot on the back fender that needs to be repaired. I assume someone backed into my car in a parking lot. The tail light is also cracked. Anyway, the insurance company is making the body shop order used parts, and the ones they’re getting also have damage. The insurance company is providing me with a rental car, so I am okay, just impatient. 

I went to the grocery store to restock on milk and fresh produce.
This should get me through the week.

I worked on a baby quilt, but I got frustrated with the way it was quilting out, so I took it off the frame and started removing the stitches. Not my favorite activity, and I’m kicking myself because I had a feeling it wasn’t going to go well. I loaded another one and got the quilting started while I was ripping out the first one.
I have quilted several with these fabrics. It was apparently a popular line. I need to get the binding made so I can get it put on once the quilting is finished. She brought a piece of the green stripe she used on the border to make the binding with. I’ll need to do it on the bias to make it look right. 

I missed Zumba yesterday. I’m still tired, and I decided to sleep instead of exercising. I am going to make a better effort this morning to make it to exercise class. I have an appointment with the podiatrist at 8:30 so I will have just enough time to exercise and hopefully change clothes. 

Today would have been my dad’s 90th birthday. He passed away in January 2014, and I still miss him. He was both my dad and my best friend. We spent a lot of time together, and he taught me a lot. Mostly, he taught me not to doubt myself, and that I could do whatever I put my mind to. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww sorry about your Dad. Mine died at age 67 in 1982, and I still miss him so much. Smart choice, sleeping instead of exercising - sometimes you just have to listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete