Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Another UFO

 I keep working on the sewing room, and I keep finding things that need to be finished. I had forgotten about so many of these, and there haven't been any photos of them in my files so they were completely out of site and out of mind. This is the latest one I uncovered. I believe this was one of the first layer cakes I ever bought, and I remember having no idea how to use it. I finally just started cutting it up and adding narrow sashing. 

I thought at first there wouldn't be enough of the brown to add the extra blocks, but there was just barely enough. I managed to get it done after work. Here it is with the extra row added.

And, this is all of the brown that was left.
I would have liked to had enough to do a nice inner border and maybe even a binding, but that is not going to happen. I will go by the quilt shop on Friday and try to find a solid brown that will work. I thought and thought trying to remember the name of this fabric line. I knew it was Moda, and Chez Moi something. I googled what I knew and came up with the name Boutique. I found a yard of one of the prints on ebay which I ordered. It will hopefully be enough for an outer border and then this one will be ready for the "to be quilted" stack. 

I woke up this morning, and the last few mornings, with vertigo. I haven't had a problem with it in a while so it came as an unpleasant surprise. It has gone away once I'm up and moving, and I am grateful for that. I just have to be careful to sit up slowly when I first wake up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment