Monday, July 19, 2021

Weekend Update and UFO's

I was in Victoria all weekend--not too much sewing, but I did make a trip by the quilt shop. They had some small batik pieces in a basket priced anywhere from $1.00 to $2.50. I picked up several of those. I have an idea in mind of how to use them....it will be a fast, easy project once I get all the pieces cut. 

I worked on the layout for the Granny Squares we made last year in the Jelly Roll group sew along. I had them laid out at one time on the guest room bed, but the dogs broke into the room and messed everything up. I got it back the way I want it, I think. I was also stalled on whether or not I wanted the colored cornerstones or just plain white sashing. I finally decided to use the colored blocks. I have them already cut and ready to go. Once I decided, I was able to get the first three rows together. I thought it was one of the APQ UFO challenges from the past few months, but I had it down for #6, and that number hasn't been picked yet. I'll be that much ahead once it is picked. I have been looking at my list and the Pineapple quilt was March. I have just a little more to do to get it finished. I should push on and get it done. The quilt for July is the Villa Rosa pattern (Wistful) I was doing with a batik jelly roll. I think it is all cut; I just need to put it together.

I brought my spinning mat back with me so I could start cutting this:

I've had the templates a little while and really wanted to try them but didn't have a layer cake that inspired me. I think it will look good in the 30's prints so I will give it a try.

The rain seems to have stopped--it stayed pretty dry all weekend except for a brief shower. The grass is way out of hand. Bill said to leave it until the weekend and he will do it, but I don't know if I can stand it that long. It's going to be a workout for one of us, that's for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment