Friday, July 23, 2021

Playing Around With Blocks

When I made the Totally Tulips and the Prairie Flowers quilts, I used this book for the patterns.
It was still out on the ottoman/coffee table, and I was looking through it. I like a lot of the patterns in the book. Which I know I can get the patterns from the youtube tutorials, but it's pretty nice to have several together in one book without having to search through all the tutorials. I really like this one.
I cut some neutral color squares and pulled some squares out of a layer cake so I could play around and see what I got. This is what I made.
I don't know if I'll continue or not, but I like it. It's a 16" block, so really big. If I don't want to keep making blocks, I can probably figure out something to do with this one. 

I am pretty unhappy with the weight right now. I don't know how I let this happen, but I have gained about 10 pounds. When I weighed myself Monday, I weighed more than I have ever weighed in my life. I am trying to get it in check--don't know how long it will take, but it won't be fast. I am doing intermittent fasting and am down a couple of pounds, but I will have to see if I can sustain that through the weekend. I'll weigh myself again on Monday morning and hope for the best. 


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I like that neutral 16-patch star quilt! Might be an idea for my nephew's quilt.

    ReplyDelete