Sunday, July 11, 2021

Weekend Update

What a peaceful weekend. I didn’t do a lot, but I feel like I managed to get done what needed to be done. Laundry done, bathrooms cleaned, floors vacuumed. I missed the recycle truck Friday, and I need to get all of that gone, but it can wait. 

I got up Friday and colored my hair, and then I went and got 2” cut off. I don’t have a hairdresser here in Lake Jackson, so I went to Walmart, and I’m really happy with it. I also made it by Creative Quilting and found some border fabric, for both the Painted Garden charm square top and for the Totally Tulips top.

Bill is still in Salt Lake City for the gymnastics competition. Serenity’s final score was 8 out 52. Best nine-year old from her region, so that is good. I think they are just doing the tourist things today and flying back Monday. I’m glad he went. He always want to go places and see new things, and I am at a point where if I can’t see it in South Texas, I don’t need to see it. It’s also hard to kennel all the dogs or find someone to watch them.

I worked on a bunch of quarter log cabin blocks with mostly random sized strips. I have a bucket of strips, with a basket on tops of that, and a bag on top of the basket. Lots of leftovers that I wouldn’t mind using up. I doubt that I can even put a dent in it, but I will try. Rena has started laying under the sewing table when I sew. I think she misses Bill. I do too. I went to Luby’s by myself for lunch today, and I would have much rather had him with me. I wanted to take the dogs to the dog bark, but I can’t manage all of them by myself. Mine are pretty well behaved, but his two are wild. Of course they are younger, and should grow out of some of the teenage nonsense. I hope. I took Rosie to the vet Saturday for a follow-up and her paw looks great. She is officially released from wearing the cone. I had only been putting it on her at night for the last week. If she starts chewing up her paw again she will have to go back to wearing it, but last night I didn’t hear any licking or chewing so maybe she will be able to leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment