Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Totally Tulips and May Flowers

I had bought these fat quarters for this Villa Rosa pattern a couple of months ago. Since I finished two tops over the weekends, I figured I could cut a new project.


 Unfortunately, I mis-cut on one of the fat quarters and will have to find another one. I would like to find the same--the one that's on the top left in the picture above. Not sure if I'll find one or not....

I haven't cut the background yet, but I have it out on the cutting table ready to go. I guess I will use the rest of the green that I used on the Totally Tulips quilt. I don't love it, but I'd like to get it used up.

I started over on the tulip one yesterday evening. Took the blocks apart and rearranged them. I don't think I can avoid having some of the same prints close together, but I got it laid it out as well as I could. I started sewing them together last night and got four of the columns done. That will leave three more plus the borders. I just need to be careful not to get in a hurry like I did last week. That's what messes me up.

I was so pleased with the Canna Lilies in Victoria. I love this coral color. 

I got these last year from the HEB garden center. They don't seem to be as tall as the orange ones; I don't know if they are supposed to be smaller, or if it's just because they aren't full grown yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment