Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Weekend Progress

 It was a fun weekend. I had to work Friday, so I made it to Victoria around 5:00 pm. We had two birthday parties Saturday, which was fun. We got to see family and friends. All in all, a nice weekend. I didn't expect to have time for anything else, but Sunday afternoon was pretty much free. I found two UFO's that were started last year during quarantine, then when I had to go back for the Kiln shutdown in August, they got left behind as I knew I wouldn't have much sewing time. I got this one done first.


I turned the second picture sideways as that is how the quilt should actually be oriented. It is Urban Jungle (I think Jason Yenter), and I used the Missouri Star half hexagon ruler. Really easy to do, and you still get the effect of the cool prints.

So what do you do with 1 charm pack? I buy them, and then I'm stumped if I don't have two or three or more. It hit me that they finish at 4.5" which is the same size as a nine patch made with 2" strips. Okay, I can do that.
The charm pack was called "Painted Garden". I don't remember the designer. I brought it back with me so I can hopefully find some border fabric just to make it a little larger. I will look in my stash first, but it may take a trip to the quilt shop to get enough. It's pouring rain this morning, so I won't be going anywhere until that stops.





No comments:

Post a Comment