Monday, July 12, 2021

I Did It Again!

 

It rolled off the ironing board and hit the floor. This is not the first time I've broken the tip off. Why I keep laying it on the ironing board I do not know. There is a little cup by the sewing machine that I normally store it in, but not always. 😢

I love the pink shaft, but the round design causes it to roll. Last time, I was able to order a replacement tip from a wood working company. I found the web address, and this time I ordered two. In the meantime, I have backups.

I spent most of the afternoon working on some scrap blocks.

I got 12 or 13 done. I have no idea how many I need....probably around 50. I most likely have enough strips to make many, many more than that. A lot of the 2.5" strips were cut off pieces from the scrappy trips quilts. There is also some leftover binding strips, ranging anywhere from 2" to 2.5". I have all of these in a bucket for string quilts, but I don't know when I'll feel like making another string quilt, and I need to make a dent in these in the meantime. It's not they will ever get used up. I'm always generating more.



4 comments:

  1. Aw, too bad about the broken seam ripper. Such a pretty one, too. What a great way to use scrappy strips in that quarter log cabin block. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Do you aim for a certain size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m making them 10.5”. That’s doable for me, and it won’t take too many.

      Delete
  2. I saw on a blog that the person had clamped a wonder clip to hers to keep it from rolling...I hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a great idea. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete