Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Just 5 Things

It's no surprise, at least not to me, that I stalled out on my sewing room clean-up. I really want it cleaned, reorganized, and completely functional. I want to know where everything is without having to dig through stacks and bags and boxes, usually making a bigger mess in the process. Unfortunately, I don't have the energy or the motivation or the executive decision making abilities to get it done in a short amount of time, so it becomes a long-term project. One that is not really all that appealing. I find UFO's that I had forgotten about, and I work on those instead of the stacks. Over and over again. I'm really good at procrastinating on the unappealing stuff. But, I'm really good at setting goals and working on them. 

I saw something on the internet about "just five things". I think it was about paring all your beauty products down to just five things. The term stuck with me though. What if I applied it to the tasks I don't want to do? What if I go in the sewing room every day and do just five things? Once the five things are done, I can sew or cut all I want. I did it yesterday and I will definitely do it today. If it's more than five that's fine, but it can't be less. 

I also need to deal with the shirts. All the men's shirts I've collected for quilts. It's been a few years since I've made a shirt quilt, but it looks like I've continued to accumulate. There are about three big bins that need to be cut up. I got five done yesterday, and I will do five today.
That still doesn't solve the problem of how much room they take up to store, so I will have to come up with a project (or two, or three) to use them up soon.

The summer heat is here, and it's oppressive. I have to walk the dogs in the morning hours so the sidewalk is not hot on their paw pads. I prefer to walk in the evenings, but it's fine. As long as we're getting some steps in.


2 comments:

  1. Girl, I hear ya. Soooo many shirts... Mine are all cut up but overflowing the big drawers they're supposed to all fit in. I need to start making them into more quilts soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to quit shopping at the thrift stores, but that probably won’t happen. Maybe I could donate some of these uncut shirts back to them. 😉

      Delete