Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Distractions

I found some motivation to work on the sewing room; I guess because I am kind of between projects, and nothing is calling me to the sewing machine. I need to make it a priority to get the Goodwill shirts deconstructed. They are taking up too much room in their present form, and of course, they are not usable until I get the seams cut out and the buttons and everything removed. I also found some more UFO's.

I had forgotten all about this one. I vaguely remember not wanting to finish it as there was something about it I didn't like. I can't remember what it was, maybe all the white in the background or not knowing how to quilt all the negative space....anyway, I like it now. I found another one that has pieced borders that haven't been put on yet.
The borders are made, just a little wrinkled. I'm pretty sure I know why I didn't finish this one. I really don't like putting borders on. All the measuring it takes to get them put on correctly is not my favorite thing. I need to add a little of the white to make them long enough. I don't know what white I used, I'm guessing either Kona bleached white or Kona snow. Those are two of my standard background colors. I need to get it done and added to the "to be quilted" stack.

I found some small skeins of 100% cotton yarn, and my first thought was "oh, I could just crochet some dishcloths and be done with this." Yes, that is really how my brain works. Before I knew it, I was no longer in the sewing room and was working on this.
Anything can be a distraction for me. I did finish it last night while I was watching TV.
I have another skein to use up tonight and then it's back to the cleanup. Unless I get distracted again. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment