Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Panel Plaid

 Here it is: 


I like it--it's bright and happy. It might need a border, but I haven't decided yet. With all the seams, it is a little heavy, and I don't want to weigh it down too much. When I was sewing it, I noticed the machine was making a clacking noise. Not one of the machines I've been working on (repairing). This one: 
As much as I love vintages machines, if I could only keep one machine, this would be the one. It can pretty much do it all. It is the most expensive sewing machine I own. At one time, I couldn't afford a top-of-the-line machine, and that is when I learned to work on the old machines. I am grateful I learned how to work on them, but I am also grateful to have this one. Anyway, this is what I found in the bobbin case. 
I generally clean out the bobbin case every other bobbin, but all those pieced and re-pieced seams caused a lot of lint build up. I cleaned it all out and put a drop of oil on that wick in the center of the circle. Also put in a new needle and re-threaded everything. It is quiet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment