Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Weekend Update

A lot of sewing got done over the weekend. I sewed Saturday instead of cleaning house (I'm sure I'll regret that later), and then I couldn't sleep Saturday night, so I got up and sewed pretty much all night. I was working on the Panel Plaid quilt I blogged about here. I had already cut apart the panels and just needed to sew the strips together.

This is the point where I started to have doubts about how this might look. Once the strips are sewn, you subcut them into more strips of varying sizes. I ended up with a whole bucket full.
It really looks like a hot mess, but I went ahead and sewed them all together. Once I had the blocks and trimmed them down to the correct size, it started looking better to me. In fact, it's a lot like the improv scrap blocks I like to make.
So much trimming! 

I have part of the sashing made....just need to start putting the blocks together. 

I ended up quitting on this to work on a tote pattern I wanted to try. No pictures yet as it is intended to be a gift. It is turning out to be time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment