Monday, October 18, 2021

Weekend Update

It was a totally low-key weekend, and I have no complaints about that. I did end up working all day Friday, but I tried a new recipe: Chicken meatballs with spaghetti.

It was good, but next time, I will cut way back on the garlic. Recipe here. We had it with a green salad, garlic bread, and Pinot Grigio. 

Saturday we went to Brazoria to eat lunch, and we also visited the quilt shop and a couple of antique stores. I picked up a couple of fat quarters and a couple of 1/3 yard cuts to add to a layer cake I want to use for something. I was planning to use it for the crazy patch class I didn't get to take, but I want to be prepared in case I get to take it next month. I also went to Goodwill and picked up a couple of shell-shaped baskets for $1.99 and some gift boxes for 99 cents.   

Not too sure what I will use the baskets for; I was thinking I could put fruit in the bigger one, but I don't know about the little one. I'll have to think about it. 

The weather was quite a bit cooler, and the dogs were wild! Too wild. They spent part of the weekend crated because they were so crazy. I didn't do a lot of sewing, but I did finish the panel plaid quilt. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment