Wednesday, March 16, 2022


I found another UFO that I needed to finish. It is a really old one from an online swap. 

I’m not too sure how this one slipped under the radar, but when I found it, it only had the sawtooth border sewn on, and two pieces of the white on white were folded up inside it.

When I took the white out, I saw why I didn’t finish it. The two pieces were the same print and same color, but on one, the printing was much less defined. I think you can tell from this picture:
My choices were to only have the sawtooth border, or use the two pieces that weren’t really a perfect match. 

I was thinking the sawtooth border looks fine alone, but I might lose some points when I did the binding.
As you can see from the pictures above, I decided to use the different white on white fabrics and be done with it. It’s not perfect, but I will probably just keep it for myself, as I really do like the quilt. It will finish around 88” x 100”, so I can use it on one of my queen beds. I think it will be really pretty once it is quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment