Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Ukraine Blocks

I had a little sewing time yesterday and got three blocks made. 

I had expected to get more than three done, but each block is a lot of cutting and marking diagonal lines. Once all the cutting and marking is done, the blocks go together really fast, and it is a nice, big block. A couple of my pieces were directional, and they aren’t all oriented correctly, but I decided I could live with it. I know some people don’t think twice about it, but if you started out a garment sewer, which I did, it really is distracting. 

I don’t know if I’ll do 9 blocks or 12; I have enough of the blue squares cut to do five more, so I have a pretty good start.

It was cold today after several days of upper 70’s. Other than sewing, I did a little laundry and housework, and I also cooked a pot of beans and cornbread. The beans were so good. This is all that was left after Bill and I ate:

I think my beans are so good, but I always think my grandmother is up in heaven shaking her head because I put a can of Rotel tomatoes in them. I know she wouldn’t have ever done that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment