Thursday, November 9, 2023

More Charity Quilts

Yesterday's post had a lot of pictures, so I cut it short and didn't post everything. My friend Betty is on a mission to use all her accumulated fabric. In addition to quilts she's making for grandchildren, she pieces extra blocks and puts them into tops which she brings to me so I can quilt them for Midcoast Family Services. Midcoast operates a residential shelter for victims of domestic violence. While it can be men, it is pretty much exclusively women and children. 

Betty comes by about once a week and drops off a quilt top. Here are most of them (I may have forgotten a few). 


In addition to the quilt tops, she often drops off extra fabric to use for pillowcases or bags that can be donated with the quilts.

More tops:




The pink sticky notes in the corners are where I wrote the measurements and pinned it to the tops. That way, I only have to measure them once, and I know what size of batting and backing I need if I have some leftover pieces I want to use up. I am planning to quit accepting customer quilts this month so I have all of December to get these tops quilted. 

Speaking of customer quilts, I finished Pat's today.

It's a pretty one. I also got the binding sewn onto another customer quilt. I still need to topstitch it to the front. Maybe today. There's a quilt guild board meeting this morning, and then some of us will go out for lunch when it's done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment