Thursday, November 30, 2023

Moving Right Along

 

Some days are really productive; some have a lot of distractions and interruptions. I was gone all day Tuesday, but I made up for it yesterday and worked my way through a lot of pending projects. I cut and sewed enough binding for 4-5 quilts. 

I put a customer quilt on the frame, and while it was quilting, I sat and wound all these bindings onto the rolls. The customer quilt got finished, but I still need to trim it.

Later, I went back to the sewing room and got the borders put on the vintage log cabin quilt. It didn't take long as I already had them measured and cut.

It still doesn't lie flat.....I'm pretty sure it's going to be a challenge to machine quilt. I could hand quilt it, but I think I will have a better chance of keeping it square if I do it on the machine. Plus, I am not fast at hand quilting. 

My Christmas table runner now has a binding.

The coolest part is the size--I didn't make it any particular size--I just used up the charm pack, and let the size be whatever it was. It just fits the top of the hutch in the family room:
Now, I can work on my Christmas decorating. 

Today is the quilt guild Christmas party. Instead of exchanging gifts, we’re each bringing something to donate to Gabriel Project. I had intentions of getting a baby quilt finished and bringing that, but I forgot about it. I will leave a little early so I can stop at the grocery store and get a box of diapers. 




1 comment:

  1. That Fozzie and Kermit song is one of my all time favorites! Your vintage quilt is looking good. Enjoy your Christmas party - if food is involved, I'll join you - lol!

    ReplyDelete