Tuesday, November 7, 2023

To-Do-List Tuesday 11-7-23

Happy Tuesday quilting friends! I've had a busy week, but I didn't do very well on my list. Here's the progress:

1) Star of Bethlehem quilt. I got the middle section together, so not too bad on this one.
Betty was here a couple of days ago and helped me brainstorm what I needed to use for the border. I have several things on hand that will work, but I want it to look better than good.....I want it to look great.
2) Finish the borders on two kid's charity quilts. I opted to work on two I haven't showed yet on here. I will post more about that on tomorrow or Thursday.
3) Work on Lickety Split quilt. No.
4) Repair the seams on vintage quilt. I ended up taking it home with me and was able to get this finished Sunday night in front of the TV. 
5) Make a table runner with the Christmas charm pack I bought last week.  Almost. I got the runner sewn together and quilted.
I just need some binding. I am trying to decide between black or green. I don't want to use red as I plan to use it on top of a red table cloth thingy I got at Hobby Lobby, and I don't think I can match the reds.

You know, I thought I hadn't made very good progress, but when I see it written down, it's not too bad. Especially since I spent a lot of time at volleyball and soccer games. My grandson had the last game of the season, so I'm off the hook until spring. Here he is with his team.
And with mom:
and dad and grandpa:

The volleyball game was long, and ultimately didn't have the outcome we had hoped for. The girls were so disappointed at losing. They played well, but the team they played was just a little better. In fact, they were the TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools) 5A state champion runner up team last year. Their coach had a filthy mouth as did the girls. I would have loved to have beaten them.

Our girls:



Kathryn can be cheered up with barbecue, and since we were in Wharton, we went over to Hinze's which we all like. 



Okay, enough of that. And now, I need a new list. Here goes:
1) Finish up on the Star of Bethlehem quilt.
2) Bind charm pack table runner.
3) Keep plugging away on charity quilts. 
4) Quilt two customer quilts.
5) Bind a customer quilt.
6) Put borders on vintage quilts—maybe.

The two customer things will definitely get done. The other four are sort of a pick list. I am going to link this to Quilt Schmilt

No comments:

Post a Comment