Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Working on Charity Quilts

A few months ago, I was getting in a panic about having enough time to piece tops for the charities I support. When I have customer quilts to work on, that takes precedence over my own stuff, but the charity quilts are my passion. Well, I decided to get busy and see what I could get done. That’s when I did these:






I’m sure many of us read Jo Kramer’s blog, Jo’s Country Junction. She is a great facilitator of the charity quilt community, and she posted about that time that she was looking for readers who wanted to finish some tops. I emailed her and then sort of forgot about it. A few weeks later, I got a package with four tops in it. 



Oh so nice, but three of them are a little small for my needs. I have been adding borders. Here’s what I’ve done so far:


In the meantime, Betty brought me a few she had done that she wanted to contribute to the cause, so now my cup runneth over. Isn’t that the way is always goes? I am so thrilled! I am hoping to take the month of December to just work on these. The Christmas rush should be over by then, and I can take some time to work on my own endeavors. I will show pictures tomorrow of the ones Betty dropped off.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a bunch of charity quilts! So glad you enjoy doing them - have fun!

    ReplyDelete