Friday, November 3, 2023

Friday--Finally!


It's been a long week! I was so happy to have a productive day yesterday--not that the other days weren't productive; there just wasn't much sewing or quilting. I finally did finish the Cardiac Rehab at the Healthplex. That was three long months of doing the prescribed exercises wearing a heart monitor while the nurses collected the electronic data. I had the final discharge (stress test) on Wednesday, and the doctor informed me I am in great shape "for my age". I hate when they add the "for your age" qualifier--especially when said doctor is my age or maybe older. Oh well. Even though I am 20 pounds overweight, I am pretty active and I feel I'm healthy, so it's nice to have it confirmed. I probably need to work off getting that 20 pounds gone though. 🙁

There have been a few more volleyball games lately.


The girls won their final district game and are the district champions (same as last year),

then they played Bay Area and Houston Second Baptist (Area playoffs) and won both of those games.

Saturday they have their regional playoffs in Wharton against Fort Bend Christian. That will be a tough game, but honestly, so was the one against Second Baptist, so I'm hoping for the best.

I got some quilting time yesterday and finally got all the stitching removed from the quilt I wasn't happy with. It was the one where the 80/20 batting bearded through to the back. I don't have the option of using black batting because the front has quite a bit of white in it. I am going to try it with a thin poly (I already got the customers permission to change the batting). While I was stitch ripping, I quilted a table runner and a placemat panel.

I was going to use white thread, but I changed my mind and used a silver gray. Glide Cool Grey 3. I also used it in the bobbin, and I like the way it looks on the white backing.

I also worked on some charity quilts, but I'll save that for another post. I'm going to Houston today to the International Quilt Festival. It's been such a hectic week, I wasn't really looking forward to being away for the day, but now that's here, I'm feeling better about it. I'll just have to work extra hard next week to make up for my absences. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are in pretty good shape for your age - lol! I relate. Congratulations to your granddaughter on the wins. Your quilting is beautiful. Have fun at the quilt festival! I went by myself when we lived in Katy, and I was fairly new to quilting. Wasn't much fun by myself!

    ReplyDelete