Saturday, November 18, 2023

Still Not Finished

I had a delay on finishing the vintage quilt.

There was a pleat on the backing that got quilted down. Of course I didn’t realize it until I had rolled a couple of rows and the pleat was visible on the roller. And, it’s 100” wide, so that’s a lot of stitching to rip out. Julia and Betty helped with the ripping, so it’s done, and I can re-start on the stitching today. I’m anxious to get it finished and move on to other things. 

Betty came over yesterday to drop off some donation tops (and stayed to help rip stitches). I hope to work on the donation quilts soon.

My local quilt shop had their holiday open house this week. It was really nice. 


They had lots of things on sale, plus some freebies. I won a door prize—a quilt book. I wasn’t planning to buy anything, but I couldn’t resist temptation and ended up buying a layer cake to make this:

I have no clue when I’ll get around to making it, but hopefully soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh on the pleat, I SO relate. That quilt shop holiday open house looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! The pleat is now gone, and the quilt is quilted!

      Delete