Monday, November 13, 2023

Weekend Update

 


Our weather went from warm and humid to cold and rainy, and now it seems to be stuck in winter mode. We had a dry summer, so I’m sure the rain is needed, but man, is it ever gloomy outside! It’s great weather for sewing. I worked on some of my customer orders on Friday and Saturday. I finally got the binding on Karen’s quilt.

It’s the one that I had to rip out two rows of quilting and change the batting, so I’m glad to have it finished. I still need to use the lint roller on it at least another time. 

I got the quilting and binding done on this charity quilt.
It’s one of the ones I added borders to, and I’m really happy with it. I couldn’t get a good picture because of the dark, gloomy weather….I’ll try and get a better one later.

I also sewed extra borders to this one:
I’m anxious to see how it looks quilted. 

On Sunday, Our Lady of Lourdes had their annual turkey dinner, so another lady and I went over to the community center and ate after church.
I picked up two extra plates for my neighbor and dropped them off on my way home. Once home, I wasn’t in the sewing mood so I changed the bed including the sheets, blanket, and quilt. I put the new vintage quilt on, and it’s a nice change.


I did a load of laundry, ran the dishwasher, and swept and mopped all the hard floors. The dogs had the family room and kitchen all tracked up from the rain. I still need to dust and clean bathroom fixtures, but I ran out of steam. It happens. I managed to get another load of laundry done before I went to bed, and I sewed some 2-1/2” squares together. I made some four patches and some 16 patches.

I don’t have a plan for these yet, but it was something to do. I’ll figure out something to do with them.

1 comment:

  1. Your "new" quilt looks wonderful on your bed! That Thanksgiving plate looks delicious, I'm always in the mood for Thanksgiving food.

    ReplyDelete