Saturday, May 25, 2024

Sewing Fun

I worked on some more RSC blocks yesterday.


I don’t necessarily like having only three of the pink , but I think I am through with these until next month, and a new color gets announced. I’m linking this one to https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/.

I remembered to take a picture of the top I pieced at the guild sew day Thursday.

Closeup of the fabric:

My goal with this one was to find a fabric suitable for older boys—preteen or teen age. Here’s my disclaimer: it’s not supposed to have that skinny red strip in the middle; when I cut it out, I accidentally cut the fold. I still wanted to use it, so I added the skinny strips to bring it to the right size. I think it looks okay, but I wish it wouldn’t have happened. Of course, I didn’t have extra fabric with me, but there was a tub of fabric there someone had donated, and I pulled out a strip of red that’s a pretty close match.

While I was digging through the tub of donated fabric, I found a couple of aprons.

There were also some orphan quilt blocks in there, and I challenged myself to do something with them. This is what I came up with
I turned the orphan blocks into pockets! I’m still trying to figure out if I want to embellish the plain white pockets in the middle. Any suggestions? This apron will go in our sampler store. I haven’t decided yet what to do with the second apron. 

I’m going to try and get over to the farmers market this morning. The tomatoes should be ripe by now. We’ve had plenty of rain, and the temps are in the low nineties now. I stayed up a little too late looking for deals on a Gatlinburg trip in September. I am hoping to take a 3-4 day vacation in September with two friends and my mom. 

2 comments:

  1. Your "oops" turned out great, and I love the apron with the donated fabric. I guess unless you have some kind of iron-on decal, the pockets might be hard to embellish? Your September trip sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am trying to avoid removing the pocket and then having to sew it back on. I may look in my craft bin and see if I have something in there that irons on or attaches easily.

      Delete