Monday, May 6, 2024

Weekend Wrap Up

I spent the weekend working on some projects I had been putting off. I bought a pattern to make a scissor case that holds three pairs of scissors, and I had cut out about eight of them, including the batting I’m using in the middle. I sewed and topstitched two of them.

They still need snaps and a button on the flap to hold it closed. I think they are super cute. 

It takes about a fat quarter, plus the batting. I will definitely be making more.

I ended up spending Saturday at home. I had lots of chores to get done, including the yard. 

After I took the picture, I sprayed round-up on the grass in the sidewalk seams, and between the brick pavers. We had a pretty good rain Sunday morning so I may need to do it again. The backyard continues to be neglected; I will try to work on it some this coming week.

I also did a lot of laundry. Remember the stain on this quilt?

I treated it with the Nature’s Miracle, let it sit a little bit, and then laundered it. Unfortunately, it didn’t all come out although it is somewhat lighter in color. Instead of drying it in the dryer, I squeezed some lemon juice on the stains and hung it on the clothesline in the sun. I am probably one of the few people that still has a clothesline, but I find it quite useful. After the quilt dried, I put it on my bed. Here’s the stain:
A little lighter, but I can still see it. I positioned it so it doesn’t show when you walk into the room, and I am the only one that ever goes in there. Well, besides the dogs.

It is on the back side—the part that hangs over the mattress. I’m still thinking about what I can do to get it out. Maybe oxyclean. 

I was going to work on my block of the month Sunday, but my grandson had a piano recital at 2pm. He played Hedwig’s theme from Harry Potter and apparently decided to dress the part. 

He’s the one in the Harry Potter robe. LOL. He is a born performer. 

1 comment:

  1. I started reading this yesterday and got sidetracked - that is such a cute scissors case. The quilt looks beautiful on your bed, that was good work on the stain. I miss clotheslines. Your grandson is adorable!

    ReplyDelete