Thursday, June 20, 2024

Rain and More Rain

We are dealing with the rain bands from Tropical Storm Alberto.

I’m not saying we don’t need the rain because we do. It was slow and steady all day yesterday with more forecasted for today. The best thing for me to do is stay inside and play with fabric.

I had gotten a fat quarter bundle a few months ago, but it was only six fat quarters which kind of limits what I can do with it. I pulled out a Villa Rosa pattern and headed to the quilt shop to get a couple of coordinating fabrics.

The fabrics are so pretty. I can’t wait to get it cut out and start sewing. 

I worked part of the day trying to corral the scraps.

One of my customers passed away recently, and her niece brought about eight boxes of scraps from her sewing room. I have been sorting it by color into the baskets. I will have a better chance of using it if I get it all organized and out where I can see it. I put the batiks in a separate basket.
I hope to finish all of this today and get everything out of the floor. I hope. I haven’t decided yet if I want to cut everything into specific sizes; right now I just want to get the colors sorted.

2 comments:

  1. I had wondered if you were getting much rain. I see this morning you are under a tornado watch. There is another system already organizing that is supposed to form in the southwestern Gulf this weekend. Maybe the start of an active season? Hope you enjoy your play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. We had a little more today, but that seems to be it for the rest of the week. I think it is going to be an active hurricane season this year.

      Delete