Saturday, June 22, 2024

Strips and Improv

We have a guild workshop next week, and the project is called "Matchless Star"  

For pre-work, we need to make four width-of-fabric strip sets. I got mine done yesterday.
The reason I chose this particular color is because I already had a bag of strips cut that I could use. 
The strips gave me a pretty good headstart on things. I was planning to use the strips for an improv log cabin. One of the Facebook groups I follow has lots of posts and photos of what they call a “Duckworth” quilt which is basically an improv log cabin done in a single color way. From what I can tell, the center squares are usually the opposite of the main color way. Meaning opposite on the color wheel. Since I was using the aqua/turquoise strips for something else, I started some improv blocks in purple. 
Notice I used yellow (opposite of purple) for the centers. These blocks are fun to do, although it will take a while to get enough done to make a quilt. They are almost as addictive as the potato chip blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment