Saturday, June 29, 2024

Workshop Progress

Wow, we had a really good workshop on the Matchless Star quilt pattern, and the best part is that I got my top done….i just need to add whatever borders I want to add. Here’s my version:



And here’s the pattern cover:


The pattern instructions have a narrow border, and then a sort of narrow bordet with pieced square in a square blocks in the middle, and then another narrow border. I don’t love a square quilt, so I will figure out something different for mine. Something that will make it rectangular. 

It was a smaller than usual group for the workshop: we had 15 people on Thursday, and 13 on Friday. I enjoyed the smaller group. We were able to chat more between tables, and there were more empty tables to lay out our work. 

Most of us brought our lunch on Thursday, and we ordered pizza on Friday.

I got some pictures of other ones that got their star finished. 








Aren’t these great? I think the best part of the workshops is getting to see how other people interpret the pattern, and how the different color combinations work together. It really opens my mind and makes me want to go home and experiment with other colors. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your star colors! All the versions are pretty, looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I really like seeing everyone's color choices.

      Delete