Sunday, May 22, 2022

Another One Ready to Quilt

I know I was working on this one sometime in the fall. 


The last post I can find on it is here. I didn't finish it, but was waiting to get all my stash unpacked to see if I had something that work for the borders. I still feel like I should have something that would work, but I couldn't locate enough of any one thing. The top without borders is 81' x 81", so I would need around a yard and a half do a reasonable size border.

I found a red and gold batik at the LQS, and I think it is perfect.

I also did a 1-1/2" inner border, and will most likely use the rest of that for the binding. Here's a shot or two of the whole thing:


It's now around 94" x 94", so it can be used as a comforter on a queen bed. It has a Christmas vibe to it without being overly Christmasy. Other than the batik I bought for the border, this was all just stuff that was hanging around not getting used. I still have a couple of the dessert rolls left; I kind of want to pick another pattern from the book, and see what I can get done.

I am through sewing for the day though. Tomorrow I need to work on my grandson's Mario quilt......we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment