Wednesday, May 25, 2022

My Favorite Tool

I have a lot of favorite tools, but today it is the thread pick. I was trying to get finished on the QOV I have been working on, and noticed some darker threads that were behind the white fabric.

Of course, I had already completed two rows before I noticed it. On of the requirements for my longarm frame was having the ability to raise the bar the top is pinned to. My old frame didn't have that feature, and when I was an inexperienced beginner I had stray threads showing through sometimes. It is also helpful to make sure there aren't any folds or puckers in the batting, because, yes, that does happen too. Well, I was in a hurry today and didn't bother lifting up the bar to check underneath. 

My trusty tool to the rescue!

It is really just a tiny crochet hook, but it works!

Once I get it through the top of the fabric, I can just grab hold of it with my fingernails and snip it off. The good news is that I did get the quilt finished; I just need to trim it and arrange for the lady who does the binding to pick it up. 

I haven't done much else. We went out to breakfast before church Sunday, and then to Sams after church. Monday we went to Corpus to drop Bill's car off for new tires and alignment. It was a long day, but we got to have lunch at Johnny Carino's. I really thought there were no more of those restaurants as I never see them anymore. The one in Victoria closed several years ago. It was always my favorite of the chain Italian restaurants. We also did some shopping and wondering around before his car was ready to be picked up.

I have done only a little sewing. Sunday afternoon, I cut up a jelly roll and some white strips for this:

I'm using the Basket of Blooms jelly roll for this one. I forgot to take a picture before I cut it up but it has these fabrics:

It should look nice when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment