Friday, May 27, 2022

Charity Sewing

 We had our quilt guild workday today……sewing tops for Joseph’s Warriors. We also had our salad lunch, and I’m sorry to say I brought home way too much of what I took. I will take some to my neighbors later. 

We are lucky to have such a roomy space for our meetings. It is the Art League’s building, and I will try to remember to take a picture of it next time I go.

I took this picture, but it is not even a quarter of the space in the main room. The black featherweight is my 1934 model. It is the oldest of my fleet and actually sews the best. Here’s a picture of some of the ladies working on their tops:


We are doing the three-yard quilts, and someone had already kitted up three yards of fabric with a pattern in a ziploc. Confession time: I wasn’t thrilled with the combos and did a little switching. We worked in a team of two or three ladies, and here’s the one Jean, Sam, and I did:

It’s hard to see with the light from the windows behind it; I took it home to add the borders and will post better pictures tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment