Thursday, May 26, 2022

Working Wednesday

I got a pretty late start this morning. We had a thunderstorm last night--I woke up when the power went off and eventually fell back asleep. I was sure we had gotten a significant amount of rain (we need it!), but I checked the gauge this morning and it was only 3/8". I guess we actually got a significant amount of wind. 

We went to the farmers market this morning, but there were only about four vendors there.

I guess the low turnout was because of the weather. I was looking for tomatoes, but there weren't any. We ended up with a loaf of bread, some blueberry muffins, and some sweet corn.

I will go back when they have it on Saturday and see if I can get some tomatoes. Too bad we didn't have the corn last night when Bill grilled chicken, but I can cook it in the Instant Pot.

We have a working meeting tomorrow for quilt guild. We are supposed to be piecing tops for Joseph's Warriors. I'm happy about that as it is one of the charities I have made quilts for before. They give quilts (and other things) to children in the hospital for cancer treatment. It is specific to the Texas Gulf Coast, so that makes me happy too. The guild is doing a salad lunch tomorrow, and I signed up to bring a vegetable salad. That is one of the things I was working on this morning. 


I like to make it a day ahead of time so it has time to marinate before serving. I had to go to the store and get the ingredients. I don't typically have canned vegetables on hand (other than canned tomatoes).

I tripled the recipe. It serves 8-10 people normally, and we generally have about 30 or so attendance. If I come home with a bunch of leftovers, I will pass it out to family and neighbors. Guess what I ate for lunch after I finished cleaning up the kitchen?

I spent the afternoon working on Mario. I have three rows done as of now, and have a few more hours to sew.

I've been having to make myself work on this. I really don't like the feel of the fabric......it all feels coarse and rough......but, it was about my only hope of finding Mario fabric. The other thing I don't like: the blue is directional. I see in the picture above, I got one of the blue and red blocks turned wrong. I'm off to fix that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment