Sunday, February 5, 2023

A New Book

Actually it’s an old book. When I took the workshop on quilt borders, the instructor said if she could only own one quilt book, it would be Pieced Borders by Judy Martin and Marcia McClosky. 

It was published in 1994, and I was able to find a used copy on Amazon for $7.00. I just received it, and it’s in good condition. 

The first half is a lot of text with color pictures of quilts with various borders.


Sorry about the glare. It’s late here and I’m having to rely on the overhead lighting.

The second half of the book is more of a glossary of lots of different borders and a workbook.


There is a lot to digest here, and it will take me some time to get through it. I am going to read some tonight, but it is late already so I may not get very far.

This is a short post—my next door neighbor had a seizure, and bashed his head open when he fell. His mom called and asked if I could go to the emergency room with them as she was too shaky to drive. We spent a few hours there, and I didn’t have time to work on the blog post I had planned to write, but the book was in the mailbox when I got home, so it seemed like a good opportunity. 

2 comments:

  1. That book is a classic! I haven't read it but I've seen references to it. How scary about your neighbor! Hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to him earlier today, and he said he is feeling fine. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete