Friday, February 3, 2023

Fri-yay Check In

 It’s still cold. Too cold, although it is supposed to warm up a little today.

I was poking around on instagram looking at temperature quilts. Should I make one? I thought about it at one time (during the summer), and thought no, it would all be red and orange. I have been recording the daily highs and lows and will think about whether there is enough variation to make it worthwhile. 

I did get this done: 

The picture is taken in my house, so the lighting is a little weird. I will take it to the shop and add it to the “to be quilted” stack(s). It turned out pretty big—73” x 81”. I wasn’t really expecting it to be quite that large. 

I have a commission quilt to do for a customer. It’s 16 embroidered blocks made by a long gone family member. 

The blocks were folded up and stored for quite a while, so it is a challenge to get the creases out. Once they are ironed, I am trimming them to 14-1/2”.

I was also given the original instructions, and she wants me to keep the general measurements but change the colors.


I will post more pictures when I get a little farther along.

6 comments:

  1. So you have a shop that is separate from your house? Temperature quilts are certainly interesting - maybe someday for me. Good luck with your commission quilt - those are pretty embroidered blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my shop is a small house on the other end of town that my husband and I remodeled. If you click on the "The Quilt Cottage" label on the sidebar, you will see pictures of it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete